Saturday, January 23, 2010

Broccoli & Chicken Casserole

Another one of my husband's favorites- My mother-in-law gave me when we first got married.


Preheat oven to 350*

1 Large Bag of Frozen Broccoli
3 Chicken Breasts- boil until cooked tender, then cool
1 can of Mushroom ( I use Cream of Chicken if I am out of mushroom)
1 cup of Mayo
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp curry powder
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
4-6 slices of toast- buttered

Put broccoli and just enough water to fill bottom of dish- place in microwave save bowl or 13x9 dish (if it will fit). Microwave on high for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender enough to cut with fork. (or follow directions on bag to cook broccoli) Let warm, then drain water.

Take chicken and shred- sprinkle on top of broccoli. In a separate bowl mix- soup, mayo, curry powder & lemon juice. Spread on top of chicken.

Top with cheese. Then take toast buttered fresh from toaster & cut into 1/2 inch pieces ( I stack all of them and cut then up) And lay toast on top.

Bake at 350* for 30 minutes

*Rating...3 trips back to the kitchen*

No comments:

Post a Comment