Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fun Snack for Kids

Here is a fun snack- My friend Minna was looking for New Ideas for snacks. I remembered about the post I did about this great snack!
Here is what you will need:
Crackers
Peanut Butter ( If you use organic cashew or almond butter- it is better for you)
Raisins or Craisins
Carrots
Creative mind
Kids

Use PB on each cracker and then place a dried fruit on top. Then make a face on each individual cracker or you can make a large face, as I did.

*You can also use PB on Celery and place dried fruit....or we like to eat bell peppers....that make interesting characters too- with Ranch dressing.

*You can slice an apple and they can place then in different shapes. It is a good math lesson too- teaching about fractions and also good lessons in sharing.

*You can use it as a learning colors, shapes & textures- all different fruit & veggies.

*I cut open a whole pineapple after T asked over and over- when we would go to the store, "what is that- it looks ugly?" I used it as a lesson on how just because something looks bad on the outside- when you cut it open and it smells sweet & tastes great....You never judge by the outside of anything or anyone. You look inside at their heart!!

You can use different veggies & fruit- and I makes eating healthy fun!!I surprised T one day when he came home from school- HE LOVED IT!! Thought it was the neatest thing!! We have special snacks like these often!!
What snacks do you like to fix with your kiddos??

No comments:

Post a Comment