Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome to my Kitchen

I am a planner by heart- No plan... I am a chicken with my head cut off!! I have always had a meal plan procedure and go through the pantry and take inventory before each grocery store trip- not to spend too much on something I already have.

We also live 15 minutes from town... so it is much easier to cook a meal than drive at least 30 minutes to wait.... then eat!!

We don't eat much fast food...my husband drives a truck he can get all the fast food he wants any day he wants. So, he would like a home cooked meal. Not to much to ask for when he comes home.

He is very honest, I love it- he will say, "this is GREAT" and make many trips to the kitchen for more.... or he says "I will eat it this time- but don't make this again!" and go make a sandwich for his second trip.

I tend to cook for an army, I think that is just God's way of preparing me for two growing boys. I also don't know each day when B will be home, how long, how long I have to prepare a meal, IF he is even coming home until about lunch.... therefore, I rely on my deep freeze & microwave A LOT!!

I have always cooked even when I worked 8-9 hour days in the salon, then came home to a hungry husband. I believe that this is my way of serving my husband. I really do just love to cook also, think I got that from my Mamaw who had 3 boys? There was always something cooking in her house.

I do all the grocery shopping with two toddlers in tow- so I really need to be prepared!! I go shopping once a week for small things we need weekly- Bread, Milk, fresh fruits & veggies. But once month I go MEAL PLANNING shopping! BIG TRIP- BIG TICKET!!

Using this blog I will share my meal plans and my very most favorite meals & what we eat daily.

I hope you enjoy this blog and share your great recipes with me also!

Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment