Friday, January 1, 2010

Meal Plan for January

When I first started reading blogs I ran across a friend of mine Mer- who I never knew we were so much alike until I fell upon her Meal Planning post!! I honestly, thought I was reading my own words!! She is so prepared and so organized- I just love it!!



I like her do a meal plan and have ever since we have been married back in 1999. I found it helpful because we have ALWAYS lived at least 15-30 minutes from a grocery store. If you buy in bulk it helps, and I use my deep freeze at lot!



I usually will write down all my meals, make a grocery list and stock up. Then I wake up and see what the day holds, when, if my husband comes home? And pick from my list.



I usually have the list in a notepad or on the side of the fridge where I look daily. You will find we are a meat & potato family... although we have a fresh salad with each meal- most of the time. We also like fresh fruit with our meals too.





Here is my Meal Plan for January-



*Steaks & Baked Potato

*Breakfast for Supper

*Roast with potatoes & carrots

*Grilled Chicken with Broccoli

*Taco Salads with re-fried beans

*Homemade Pizza Chicken & Barbeque

*Baked Potato & Salad

*Fried Deer steak & mashed potatoes

*Vegetable Beef Soup with cornbread

*Hamburgers with Steak fries

* Chicken Fried Sandwich with Steak fries

*Jambalaya with corn on cob & red potatoes

*Macaroni Grill in Box with green beans

*Spaghetti with mixed veggies

*Mile High Mexican Pie

*Chicken Broccoli Casserole with mix veggies

*Barbeque Chicken on Grill with corn on cob & baked beans

*Manwich/ sloppy joe with carrots & mixed veggie

*Chicken taco soup with Frito's

*Mexican night- burritos, tacos, taquitos

*My Goulash



I usually do grilled chicken once a week- or two taco salads a month.

I usually get ONE meal off a week- I like Sunday lunch.... my weekly treat!



I will try to post each day what we are eating- I will mostly post some of my favorite recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment