Friday, February 19, 2010

Mile High Mexican Pie

I bought this box of Soft Taco Bake at the store once.....and realized-I can do that with more and healthier way!! So I renamed it and changed a few things to Mile High Mexican Pie.
Here is what you need:

2 lbs of hamburger meat ( I use deer meat)
2-3 cups of fresh shredded cheddar cheese (read this about cheese before you buy another bag!)
1 package of Wheat Tortillas
1 can of rotel (or diced tomatoes & green chilies)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of whole kernel corn- drained
1 can of Red kidney beans- drained
1 small jar of cheese queso
I brown my meat (in my micro-cooker when in a hurry!- BEST $10 I ever spent) Drain the grease, not much from deer! Then mix in the whole jar of cheese queso. Then in a separate bowl mix corn, beans, & rotel.
Then you will lay on tortilla in the bottom of a round dish. Then layer meat mixture, veggie mixture, and sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese on top. Then layer another tortilla and do the same. Until all mixture is gone. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.

Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until tortilla is crisp & cheese is melted. Then serve with sour cream. This slice was removed when it was hot- so it fell apart...but it still tasted great!!
*Rating...5 trips back to the Kitchen*

1 comment:

  1. I think that I tried that same box & also realized I could do it better & cheaper.

    ReplyDelete