Sunday, November 21, 2010

Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

I made this for our annual Thanksgiving Meal at church- GREAT alternative to Pumpkin pie!!

Two 14- ounce packages gingerbread mix. (ok- I cheated I bought some gingerbread cookies from our local Bake Shop that has OUT OF THIS WORLD gingerbread men!!!)
One 5.1 ounce package cook- and serve vanilla pudding ( I used French Vanilla)
One 30 ounce can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon ( I used cinnamon )
One 12 ounce carton Cool Whip
1/2 cup gingersnaps (optional) ( I forgot!)

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cinnamon into the pudding.

Crumble one batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of cool whip. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and cool whip. Sprinkle the top with crushed gingersnaps if desired. I sprinkled mine with fresh grated cinnamon. Refrigerate overnight. Can be layered in a punch bowl.

Here is a link to see what Paula's looked like......well mine may not have looked that good- but MAN it tasted AWESOME!!! Not to mention the bowl that I used from Pampered Chef was either FREE or major discount- from my last party!!!

*5 trips back to the kitchen!!

1 comment:

  1. THIS was the most delicious dessert I had last night! It is definitely replaced pumpkin pie on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete