Monday, March 15, 2010

String Veggies


The other day I ordered a grilled chicken breast at a restaurant. On the side it came with veggies. They were very thin sliced and just a different way to cook such great tasting veggies.

I have been looking for a different way to cook squash & zucchini.....since we love the veggies- I seem to cook them a lot. Just looking for different ways. At first I used my grater....then I thought they were too thin- so I cut them up very thin.

Here is what I did.


2 yellow squash
2 zucchini
3 carrots
1 plastic bag (Ziploc)
1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
1 TBSP your favorite season salt

Cut all veggies up as you would homemade french fries. In long strips about 1/4 inch thick and 3-4 inches long.

Place all veggies in a plastic bag and then add oil & season salt. Seal bag well- and shake well, coating all veggies with salt & oil.

Remove from bag and place in a 13x9 pan and bake until veggies are tender- or you liking. I baked mine for 30 minutes.

*Rating...4 trips back to the kitchen*

No comments:

Post a Comment